Audacity - for Exporting Library .mp3 not found

Hello.

Audacity does not export audio files in .mp3 format.
for Exporting Library .mp3 not found.

Library to import / eksporta with FFmpeg …
FFmpeg Library Version: program compiled without support for FFmpeg

FAQ:Installation, Startup and Plug-ins

What to do ? Where can I download ? How to establish normal compile programs Audacity in my Endless OS?

@avkP3
https://support.endlessm.com/hc/en-us/articles/214475423-How-can-I-download-the-codecs-to-play-more-types-of-music-and-videos-

The strange thing is that for the installation of mp3-codec I have to pay
No, it’s not about the money and not the price …

The first time I encountered such a!

Not for one of its installed operating systems, ever since 2000, no one in 17 years, not offered me to buy the program to install codecs FFmpeg - .mp3, mp4 … !!!

This set of FFmpeg, LAME - comes free !!!
Even on Windows !!!

#Audacity 2.0.6
free, open source, cross-platform software for recording and editing sounds

#Debian

free install: FFmpeg

https://wiki.debian.org/ffmpeg

apt-get install libav-tools 

apt-get install ffmpeg

#Note:
Endless OS 3.0 or newer is required for this upgrade. The purchase price allows Endless to pay the required patent royalty fees.

Please note:
even with this codec upgrade
we cannot guarantee that every file will play back
##Then whether to buy it ??? :smiling_imp:

You should not buy those codecs to enable mp3 creation in that version of Audacity, it will not work.

The software that we distribute directly has to respect software patents, and there are many patents still remaining over mp3 encoding. When those patents expire we will look to distribute an mp3 encoder.

In the interim you may be able to find 3rd party flatpaks of Audacity that contain mp3 encoding, distributed by entities from locations where software patents either don’t exist or don’t apply in the same way as the USA.

1 Like
flatpak remote-ls gnome-nightly-apps --app

ca.desrt.dconf-editor
org.gnome.Books
org.gnome.Builder
org.gnome.Calculator
org.gnome.Calendar
org.gnome.Characters
org.gnome.Devhelp
org.gnome.Dictionary
org.gnome.Documents
org.gnome.Epiphany
org.gnome.Evince
org.gnome.Games
org.gnome.Geary
org.gnome.Gitg
org.gnome.Glade
org.gnome.Maps
org.gnome.Nautilus
org.gnome.News
org.gnome.Photos
org.gnome.Polari
org.gnome.Rhythmbox3
org.gnome.Software.XdgApp
org.gnome.Todo
org.gnome.Totem
org.gnome.TweakTool
org.gnome.Weather
org.gnome.bijiben
org.gnome.clocks
org.gnome.eog
org.gnome.frogr
org.gnome.gedit
org.gnome.gitg
org.gnome.iagno
user@endless:~$

#3rd party flatpaks of Audacity
Where can I find this package or extension ???
In the catalog of programs Flatpak it is not available…!!!

If you can not buy a program to install FFmpeg (which has not even guarantee its performance), then why is nowhere even a hint of a package “3rd party flatpaks of Audacity” and even be a brief but clear instructions how the package or expansion set ???
After all that I know how to install applications on Linux-Ubuntu systems, on your system simply does not work

You will not be hard to write commands to install, reinstall, system updates and third-party software (packages)?
The Linux-Ubuntu has a GUI program created specifically for this called - Synaptic

INSTALL:
sudo apt-get install (name of the program)

DELETE:
sudo apt-get purge (the package name) or sudo aptitude purge (the package name)

UPDATE:
sudo apt-get update (upgrade)

HOW CAN I DO IT IN YOUR SYSTEM ???

##The problem with mp3 encoding in Audacity partially solved.

Method:
probono AppImages: https://bintray.com/probono/AppImages

Downloaded Audacity.AppImage and simply integrated into the system.

Now it looks like this:

#By the way, there is still what to choose:
probono AppImages: https://bintray.com/probono/AppImages

##Blender

##GIMP - 2.9.3

##Krita

##Ocenaudio

##Thunderbird Mail

#Etcher. Set working FUSE

Etcher. Set working FUSE

If Endless OS does not have its software for creating
FLASH-LIVE-USB, then let’s use a third-party program ** Etcher**.Only here it does not start the program, because of her work in the Endless OS suppressed from the destination desired packages (libraries).

community.endlessm.com

@avkP3
Flatpak is a new technology and we expect that more applications will be offered by third-party developers as time goes on. I don’t think @Nick_Richards meant that he knew for a fact that Audacity with MP3 support existed; rather, it was a suggestion to check if such a thing did exist. Maybe you could suggest it to the Audacity community. If they are made aware that users such as you want this, then maybe they will provide it. As @Nick_Richards explained, we are not able to provide MP3 support in our Audacity flatpak.

I’m afraid that apt-get, aptitude, and synaptic, are a no-go for Endless OS. We do not support installing 3rd party applications on Endless OS through Debian or RPM packages, and I can safely say that we never will. I understand it’s frustrating if the application you want isn’t available as a flatpak, but it’s just technically not possible for us to support apt-get.

It’s cool that you’ve found that AppImage works! I think that’s a great workaround for software that isn’t packaged as a flatpak yet.

1 Like

Thanks @ptomato that’s exactly what I meant.