Can't Reach Server for Install

Hello,

I’m trying to install Endless 3 but I can’t connect to servers to get started?

“Unfortunately, there was a problem connecting to the server.”

I am definitely connected to the internet, no security settings seem to be blocking anything.

Any help or advice is appreciated!

Thx

EndlessInstaller20170207_13_33_40.log (17.7 KB)

13:33:40 - DownloadManager::AddDownload failed with hr = 0x800706d9, last error = [0x000036B7] The requested lookup key was not found in any active activation context.

@ramcq, does this sound familiar?

@JaredStCroix, can you check in the Services app that Background Intelligent Transfer Service is not disabled? It should be set to “Manual”.

Googling a bit, this looks like it might be a problem with the installation of Internet Explorer, or some 3rd party software (eg firewall, anti-virus, etc) interfering with the network stack somehow.

@JaredStCroix Can you check whether Windows Update is working correctly, and that all updates are installed? Do you have any anti-virus or internet protection software installed like AVG, Kapersky, Norton, etc? If all the Windows Updates are installed and up to date, and that looks like it’s working OK, I’d first try uninstalling any antivirus or network security software, and if that doesn’t work, manually download and install a new version of Internet Explorer (not MS Edge - IE) because reinstalling that could also repair the problem.

1 Like

Thanks to both wjt and ramcq, your answers led to me realizing I had turned off Windows Firewall some time ago. As a result a few W10 updates hadn’t processed. I can download the OS ok now. BITS was already running btw, but good to know. Thanks again.

@JaredStCroix
https://community.endlessm.com/t/release-endless-os-version-3-1-1/1361

@LeandroStanger I don’t think this adds anything to this conversation. The problem is already resolved!