Etcher. Set working FUSE

Hello.

If Endless OS does not have its software for creating
FLASH-LIVE-USB, then let’s use a third-party program ** Etcher**.

##Find and download the program here:
Burn. Better. Etcher - https://etcher.io/

Only here it does not start the program, because of her work in the Endless OS suppressed from the destination desired packages (libraries).

WORKING FUSE

##There is a guide:
Set FUSE: https://github.com/probonopd/AppImageKit/wiki/FUSE

However, for use in
operating system Endless OS, no.

##**Dear developers Endless OS, pay attention to this program, the more this kind of program in the list, the system simply does not have !!!
##Integrate or give instructions to install the necessary libraries to run properly and the work program Etcher.

##Why reinvent the wheel when it is almost ready?
:relaxed:

#Audacity - for Exporting Library .mp3 not found

Audacity - for Exporting Library .mp3 not found

If Endless OS does not have its software for creating
FLASH-LIVE-USB, then let’s use a third-party program ** Etcher**.Only here it does not start the program, because of her work in the Endless OS suppressed from the destination desired packages (libraries).

community.endlessm.com

I try to understand what you need, however, you should understand that Endless OS only supports the Flatpak framework for installing applications and not others like AppImage.

Therefore, you can look for alternatives that work under Flatpak. On the other hand, you can use gnome-disks that is available in Endless OS to create liveUSB, as long as the ISOs to be used are hybrids (most distros use this). See this

##Flatpak Applications

Flatpak Applications

Plus Nightly

flatpak remote-ls gnome-nightly-apps --app

ca.desrt.dconf-редактор
org.gnome.Books
org.gnome.Builder
org.gnome.Calculator
org.gnome.Calendar
org.gnome.Characters
org.gnome.Devhelp
org.gnome.Dictionary
org.gnome.Documents
org.gnome .Epiphany
org.gnome.Evince
org.gnome.Games
org.gnome.Geary
org.gnome.Gitg
org.gnome.Glade
org.gnome.Maps
org.gnome.Nautilus
org.gnome.News
org.gnome.Photos
org.gnome .Polari
org.gnome.Rhythmbox3
org.gnome.Software.XdgApp
org.gnome.Todo
org.gnome.Totem
org.gnome.TweakTool
org.gnome.Weather
org.gnome.bijiben
org.gnome.clocks
org.gnome.eog
орг .gnome.frogr
org.gnome.gedit
org.gnome.gitg
org.gnome.iagno
пользователь @ бесконечны: ~ $

##Sorry, but I can here choose the desired? No normal professional programs…
Most of these programs are already installed.
The only difference Nightly.

The only desired program from the list - dconf-editor.
tweak-tool - but this program is useless, because it does not work

haevalencia
#On the other hand, you can use gnome-disks

Cyprian Bugulet
September 17, 2014 at 13:01
Not all Linux distributions can be done to create a bootable USB stick using the Disk Utility application. Thus, to create a bootable USB stick, I still use UNetbootin. Thank you.

#UNetbootin -
Third-party software, in lists Flatpak - NO!

In the operating system has many applications, but they do not need more than 10,
really needed programs.

haevalencia

I try to understand what you need, however, you should understand that Endless OS only supports the Flatpak

I’m trying to understand the purpose of the creation of the operating system (especially its capabilities are limited) …
I do not understand why with such a minimum set of professional programs in this system cut .deb-install ability to connect to other repositories, to select and install programs that are required by the user, instead of using just a suggestion.
Moreover, there is nothing to enjoy ….

Dude, please be kind. Speaking poorly or demanding will not get your problem solved faster. The developers are working on it and in the first place, you should have predicted if this system would meet your needs as a production environment.

When I told you about gnome-disks, I also mentioned their limitations (you could check if the ISO is hybrids on the vendor’s website).

On the other hand, Gnome is not the only provider of Flatpak packages.
You can do a search on the web or directly on a git-like site. Eg Github.

If you don really understand the purpose of Endless OS please re-read their website and watch their videos on Youtube. Thanks to Endless OS, many families and children from schools in geographically isolated areas are happy with this system and I am involved to help them grow.

If you perform a deeper search and you don’t find what you are looking for:

• Find a third-party application that meets your needs and contact the developer. You can join mailing lists or write an improvement report asking them to package the application as Flatpak
• You can help the community and package applications using Flatpak reading the documentation. This is an advantage of Open Source.
• be patient

If you fail to be patient, you are free to try out another gnu/linux distribution that meets your needs in the professional area. Endless OS is a new system and it is growing little by little.

Thank you

1 Like

[quote=“haevalencia, post:4, topic:1493”]
dude [/quote]
dude :+1: :sweat_smile:

It certainly is good and I am very happy that they are happy … But not all live in isolated areas.

I did not say anything wrong, I’m just stating the facts …

Other distributions is not interested in me.
Well, what are we going to wait for new applications. :ok_hand:

If you have things so clear about Endless I don’t understand your attitude. Enjoy.

haevalencia

If you have things so clear about Endless I don’t understand your attitude. Enjoy.

You do not truly understand the word “to enjoy”
I was referring to “do the work without rebooting on the in OS Windows”, at lack of the needed programs in Endless OS.

1 Like