Flash player doesn t work

HI, I have installed endless on my asus notebbook, with intel processor ,and purchase the codec to see videos.
but I. ve realized that flash player doesnt work at all.
is there a way to have flash player working ?
thanks and regards

We download the flash plugin in the background automatically when the computer goes on-line. Can you share with us the eos-diagnostics log and we can see if there was a problem with this process. Press Alt+F2 and then type “eos-diagnostics”, then in Documents you should find a file named like eos-diagnostic-161012_083225_UTC-0600.txt or similar. Drag and drop the file here to upload it.

eos-diagnostic-161017_230635_UTC 0200.txt (238.5 KB)

Hi Enrique,

Thanks a lot for the diagnostics file. Thanks to its content we just confirmed what the problem is:

The way this flash plugin for Chromium gets distributed changed recently, and our automatic updater/installed needs to be adadpted to the new situation, otherwise the symptoms will be what you’re seeing: the updater seems to run fine, but no Flash plugin gets installed.

This is a serious issue for our users, so we’re already working to get it fixed ASAP, ideally for the next version of the OS, which is just about to see the light.

In the meantime, you can surely install the Flash plugin manually yourself by following these steps:

1. Browse to https://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/otherversions/ and then select “Linux (64 bit)” in the drop-down selector at the top, and then “FP 23.0 for other Linux 64-bit (.tar.gz)- PPAPI” in the other drop-down selector, just under the first one.
  2. Click on the “Dowload” button to download the file into your “Downloads” folder.
  3. From the desktop, click on the “Documents” icon to open the file mananager, right-click on the “Downloads” folder and then, finally, click on “Open in Terminal”, so that you get access to a window where you can introduce commands.
  4. In the window that just opened, introduce the following commands (pressing ENTER at the end of each line), to extract the plugin out of the compressed file you just downloaded and install it in its right place (the last step will ask for your password):

tar zxvf flash_player_ppapi_linux.x86_64.tar.gz
sudo mkdir -p /var/lib/chromium-plugins-extra/eos-chrome-plugin-updater
sudo cp libpepflashplayer.so /var/lib/chromium-plugins-extra/eos-chrome-plugin-updater

Once you did that, you should have the Flash plugin installed: restart the browser and check that Flash shows up listed in chrome://plugins, and that you can see the Flash animation in http://www.adobe.com/uk/software/flash/about/

In the meantime, we’ll keep working to fix the automatic installer, so that nobody has ever to do this manually again :slight_smile:

Thanks a lot for your help, and best of luck with this instructions. I hope they’ll help you
Mario

thanks. it doesnt appear nothing like open in terminal. it shows 2 ways , open with archive manager and open with other application.

Strange… I might have a newer version of the file manager than the one you have then :slight_smile:

Anyway, you can achieve the same result by:

1. On the desktop search box, type “Terminal” and press ENTER
  2. Once the terminal opens, enter the “Downloads” directory with

cd $HOME/Descargas

…and then continue from step 4 from my message above.

Hope this is is a bit more helpful now.
Mario

sorry, i ve found open in terminal, and copied the text you gave me, but it ask my password , when i try to write it the keyboard doesnt works.

The password screen won’t show anything while you type as a security measure, but you can believe the password is being entered anyway :slight_smile:

You simply type in your password slowly when requested and don’t worry about showing up on the screen. Once you finish typing it, press ENTER.

Mario

get it, it works, thank you very much.

1 Like

Yay! So glad to read this. Enjoy Flash content!

Ohh nooo. Mario sorry, sound doenst work. cannot hear any sound, ther s no way.

it seems a chromium problem, cos i can hear my music and videos files . but nothing from chromium.

it sounds right on hdmi exit.

A post was split to a new topic: Download Adobe Flash plugin