Goodbye and here is why

number 1 the img file is way to be 17 gb, really? Number 2 the img file should and iso file that is a live cd with a choice to try or install. setuo what painless and i kind alike your folk of gnome.I can get why you may want to make it a read only file system but really this distro is about learning and you stopping people from doing that by locking it down. I honestly would would not mind using this has my daily drive if it was not for that fact.I am a programmer I need to be able download and test software and I can even do that in virtualbox with your distro.honestly what, the point of using a debain based distro that can install deb or use apt-get. Why did you use something like linux from Scratch or gentoo. The way its still open but you got to know what you where doing in order to install out side apps. even android keeps true to the open source and allows you to install apps at your own risk. you make linux look bad. linux is all about if you dont like something I could change it.best of luck bro but keep in mind even a mac you can install other apps on it.

Hi Matti. Sorry to hear that Endless OS is not right for you. To address just a few of your points:

• The Full images are huge because they include lots of content that you can access while not connected to the internet ­– this is sort of the point. The Basic image is a lot smaller.
  • ISO images are planned, but not ready yet.
  • You can install additional apps, provided they’re packaged as Flatpaks. This is pretty similar to the Android model: you can’t modify the base OS on your phone (short of reflashing it) but you can install apks from any source, not just the Play store, if you try hard enough.