How can I see movies on Endless 2.6.10?

Hello! How can I see movies on Endless 2.6.10? I can’t upgrade Endlees 3, because in unavailable for me

@Maria

@Maria Depending on what websites you are trying to use, there is a very good chance that you will need to upgrade from the 32-bit Endless OS 2 to the 64-bit Endless OS 3, which is needed for the latest versions of the Chromium browser. Due to the size and complication of the update, and the fact that it will uninstall apps that will have to be manually reinstalled in the new flatpak format, it is not something that we wanted to automatically push out to users. But when you have the time and Internet bandwidth available, we do strongly recommend the upgrade, as we are able to keep the browser up to date as required by many websites. Also, if you are running on non-Endless branded hardware (such as an ASUS laptop), you may not have licensed video codecs needed by some websites. By upgrading to Endless OS 3 you will have an option to install Google Chrome, which includes support for video sites such as Netflix. One important caveat though… if you have an Endless Mini computer, neither Google Chrome nor Netflix are supported.

Please see the instructions linked by @LeandroStanger and let us know if you have any questions.

Roddy

1 Like