I cant able to connect to wifi. not even wirless option is there. how to resolve

Please attach the eos-diagnostic log file for any Endless OS problems, and a screenshot or camera image of the error message itself.

1 Like

@vamsi_krishna1
Anyway, something that would help us a lot to understand the problem would be this:

1. Open the application called ‘Terminal’
  2. In this application run the command: eos-diagnostics
  3. The above command will create a file with the information of your system (example: eos-diagnostic-160614_111731_UTC + 0100.txt); Send us this file so we can analyze and see a possible solution

eos-diagnostic-170307_164145_UTC 0530.txt (249.4 KB)

1 Like

@vamsi_krishna1 From the log, I see that your WiFi adapter is Broadcom BCM43142. Unfortunately, some Broadcom wireless hardware is not supported by Endless OS at this time. (Devices supported by the ‘brcm80211’ driver should work, but devices which require the ‘b43’ or the ‘wl’ driver are not supported.) We recommend using a USB Wi-Fi adapter, a wired network cable, or tethering to your mobile phone with a USB cable.

We are investigating options, but it is difficult because Broadcom does not make available redistributable drivers for Linux, so it may be a while before we have a better option for your hardware.

Roddy

1 Like

I have same problem, not able to connect wireless, I have WiFi USB Adapter attached to my Desktopeos-diagnostic-180208_090832_UTC 0530.txt (225.5 KB)

@Sajjauddin_Kagji

Settings>Details>Look for updates

i have the same problem too. please help me eos-diagnostic-180404_184929_UTC 0700.txt (111.8 KB)

I too am having this problem (and have a Broadcom BCM43142 wireless adapter). lspci recognizes this hardware (but doesn’t identify an error), but somehow there are no drivers.

Oddly, you can actually get Acer laptops pre-installed with Endless OS (obviously some Acer products don’t use Broadcom wireless adapters).

What I’m confused about is that Endless OS has it’s own version of b43-fwcutter (1:019-3endless3beos3.4.2) which is a utility for extracting for Broadcom 43xx firmware. Endless OS staff: couldn’t your version of b43-fwcutter be used to use existing (eg. Windows) drivers for the BCM43142 adapter to get it to work in your version of linux?

When we last checked, b43-fwcutter doesn’t include any offsets for extracting firmware from windows drivers. However it’s probably possible to use b43-fwcutter to get the BCM43142 firmware from other sources.

However, this doesn’t affect the main problem, which is that the driver itself is non-redistributable and proprietary, which presents us with integration challenges. I apologise to those who have this hardware, but we don’t have plans to support it at the moment.

Acer products that ship with Endless do come with supported wifi hardware; such products do not come with the unsupported Broadcom wifi devices being discussed here.