Introducing myself to the Endless Community

Hello Community!

I wanted to take a moment and introduce myself to everybody here. My name is Michael Hall, and I’ve recently joined the Endless team as their new Community Manager. For the last five years I’ve served as Ubuntu Community Manager, supporting a global community of thousands of passionate users, and gaining the experience that I can now bring to the Endless Community. This first week I’ve been mainly getting set up in the company and learning as much as I can about how they work and about how you in the community work, and most importantly how I can best serve both in my new role.

So what does a Community Manager do? While it varies greatly from company to company, the primary responsibility is to support and promote the intersection between the business and the people who are enthusiastic about it’s product and mission. Sometimes that means helping setup better infrastructure and communication channels for both sides to use (more on that below) and other times it means putting myself out there asking for your help or offering you mine. We all share the same ambitious goal, empowering the whole world with our technology, and my job is to ensure that we work effectively together to achieve it.

What does that mean for you? Don’t worry, there won’t be any big disruptive changes coming. But you will start to see some incremental changes to improve communication and support of the community. For example, you’ll see there’s a new category here on the forums for other languages. As Endless makes it’s way into new countries we’re going to need a way to support those new languages, and so we’ll be using this category for those first questions, and have a plan for building up new language categories for them. That plan will be shared with the community so everybody knows how to get a category going for their local language.

I’m incredibly excited about the potential of the Endless platform to transform the world we live in, and even more excited about the potential of the Endless community to be the driving force behind it’s success. I’ll be looking to you in the community for your ideas, your stories, and your support as we grow from a passionate few to a movement that spans the globe. Anybody can contact me any time at mhall119@endlessm.com or you can find me on the Endless community Slack (signup here). And of course right here on the forums!

6 Likes

@mhall119
Seja bem-vindo

1 Like

Sold !

If it wasn’t for this ‘influence’ of your tweet - I wouldn’t have found this discourse !

congrats.

3 Likes

@nonline: Good point. We’re going to be updating our website shortly to help people find this forum and also our Slack instance. Glad you found us though! :slight_smile:

gracias @nuritzi 'shall have to get onto slack with gusto, after reading up on a corp-social-responsibility report.

staying in-topic : -

1. delighted to see an ole web developer get his grrove on :family_men_boy:

2. brand new :endless: gets the full story with @mhall119 leading the way !

2 Likes

Nice to meet you. Got interested in this project after seeing the Lunduke interview. Keep up the good work, looking forward to more and more improvements.

1 Like