LenovoY510 no wifi driver detecting,no usb dongle detecting.I wasted time in 13gb download

I have y510p leptop all works fine.Wifi issue .My wifi is not showing.Not installed driver , as you mentain in post you have on/off slidebar which one open and close wifi is not there.Is there any wifi driver problem from endless?
how to install vodafone k3800 3g dongle into it? My company providing only this dongle for communication.
Majority like linux mint and fedora community cant give perfect solution , i hope you will give solution for it.
mint owner told me what they said but only vodafone driver showing installed but not showing at that time.
Both os provides me dongle .deb pack but that unable to solve problem and i endup with linux os.
So third time i installing something good os , but if endless doesnt give me proper solution i endup with entire linux community and never ever touch any linux distributions.
Problem is after installing software from site or give .deb pack it will showing only icon when i click on it , it is unable to detect my dongle i tried everything last stage of linux coding from community answers . But not happened.Just poping up vodafone software not detecting usb driver maybe fault of usbdriver sticks that linux doesnt support it or something i dont know.
If i unable to surf in os what is meaning of that os.And i cant even take money from company and buy another wifi net becuase they tiedup with that cellular company.

1 Like

There was a missing Realtek driver in Endless 3.1.6, but that was quickly fixed with the release of 3.1.7. Can you verify that you have 3.1.7 or later by running cat /etc/lsb-release in the Terminal app and posting the output here?

smit@endless:~$ cat /etc/lsb-release
DISTRIB_ID=Endless
DISTRIB_RELEASE=3.1.8
DISTRIB_CODENAME=endless
DISTRIB_DESCRIPTION=“Endless 3.1.8”

bro if you make my wifi connection i dont feel like i dont used any good os. Please i liked this os toomuch i want this at any chance.See i noticed i connected my android mobile with usb teghering . The internet is working on only android teghring option only. Vodafone dongle showing light and showing vofafone dongle network. I connected it i can surfed for 5 minutes.
But still i cant find wifi network i am in my office trying to cacheup wifi which is running on thunder 4 mbps unlimited speed.
So wifi is working in my android is fine and full staff is using it. I want wifi because i want to download steam and dota2 which costs 8gb minimum.

We will do our best to help you get your wifi working. We include drivers for most hardware, but it’s always possible that some uncommon chipset isn’t supported automatically.

Please run lshw |grep 802.11 and post the output of that, this should tell us what make and model of chipset you have.

smit@endless:~$ lshw |grep 802.11
WARNING: you should run this program as super-user.
product: BCM43142 802.11b/g/n
WARNING: output may be incomplete or inaccurate, you should run this program as super-user.

as i can say your community have good support.

Thanks @smit,

Unfortunately it looks like your WiFi card is one of the few that we don’t have driver support for. According to this FAQ:

Some Broadcom wireless hardware is not supported by Endless OS at this time: devices supported by the ‘brcm80211’ driver should work, but devices which require the ‘b43’ or the ‘wl’ driver are not supported. If your wireless hardware is not supported, we recommend using a USB Wi-Fi adapter, a wired network cable, or tethering to your mobile phone with a USB cable.

As I said before, we try to support as much hardware as we can, but often times we need the manufacturer of that hardware to provide the necessary drivers, and in this case it doesn’t appear that they have.

so now any steps furthur or i unistall this good os?This is actually gaming leptop with haswell processor and broadcom wifi chipset . So it is hard but when endless will find solution i will back with this os.Furthur i am looking for alternative if your devloper will provide solution in feature.

1 Like