Lockscreen background please

i think a lockscreen background would make my logging in really good looking…is there anyway it can be done…?

1 Like

Hello,

I was wondering the same thing. Is it possible to put a custom login page rather than a black background for Endless login?

I am also interested in setting the user desktop to a fixed picture as well (similar to locking the background with local Windows Group Policy Editor in the windows environment.

Endless is an awesome OS. Love the creativity and flexibility.

Blessings,
GWestoby

1 Like

The textured grey background for the login screen is, I believe, inherited from GNOME, and I don’t think it can be customized at the moment.

1 Like

Ubuntu Gnome 16.04 LTS

The lock screen background there is for the screen that just shows the date. The page that has the actual usernames on, and lets you specify your password, has a grey background that cannot be changed.

2 Likes

Thanks wjt for the reply. I have not had a chance to check back but appreciate your explanation. Preparing to deploy a large number to our population and wanted to add a user agreement to the picture to inform the students of the expectations of the Endless computers. Sounds like we will need to pursue a different plan of attack.

Much appreciated.

gwestoby

1 Like

Keep in mind that, with the next Endless OS release, it’s very likely that it’ll be possible to customize the Lock Screen wallpaper.

1 Like

Feaneron,

That is great news! It would make it a lot easier to be sure the user knows what they are allowed to do with the computer. Can’t wait to see it. But I will wait patiently.

Respectfully,

Gary Westoby,
Statewide PbS Coordinator
Camp Tillamook
Oregon Youth Authority
503-842-4243 x325
503-569-2304 (cell)

You can now upgrade to Endless OS 3.2, which in fact supports user selection of a background image for the lock screen.

Roddy