Problems with brightness

I installed today the endless os and I like very much but I have problems in my laptop ,the brightness is block at maximum brightness and I can’t set other value ,combination of keybords is not work (FN+Up).Also scroling is not work on touchpad.
Lenovo B570 Intel® Pentium® CPU B950 @ 2.10GHz × 2 ;Intel® Sandybridge Mobile

@Cristi_Lyon
Anyway, something that would help us a lot to understand the problem would be this:

1. Open the application called ‘Terminal’
  2. In this application run the command: eos-diagnostics
  3. The above command will create a file with the information of your system (example: eos-diagnostic-160614_111731_UTC + 0100.txt); Send us this file so we can analyze and see a possible solution

Thank you for fast answer here is the document
eos-diagnostic-170202_012154_UTC 0200.txt (1.4 MB)

Hi @Cristi_Lyon I haven’t checked out your log yet, but for the touchpad issue, have you tried changing the setting manually? To do so, you can just search for “Settings” from your desktop, open it, then click on “Mouse & Touchpad” icon. Scroll down to the “Touchpad” section and make sure that the settings are as you want them.

1 Like

Media keys (such as brightness) and touchpad issues can be a problem, especially with newer devices that are not yet fully supported in the Linux kernel. We often update the Linux kernel, so such issues may be fixed in a future release of Endless.

Although I suppose there could be a driver issue setting the display brightness, my guess is that it is merely that the media keys are not being recognized, in which case you can adjust the “Screen brightness” on the “Power” settings of the control panel.

Unfortunately, if the touchpad scrolling is not working at all, this probably requires driver support in the kernel, and there probably is not a setting that will fix it for you.

Roddy