Unfortunately there was problem with connecting with server

hi. I am facing problem installing endles os alongside windows . When i downloaded installer It says , unfortunately there was problem with connecting with server . And both options are greyed cant install . And my pc showing 6 mbps unlimited speed i opened youtube and its working fine like booster . No buffer at all . Any solution? I tried to turnoff firewall and windows defender still not working . I tried 10 times off and on windows defender and firewall no solution.

@smit
Go to the same folder where you had the Installer EXE file that did not work and you will find a log file called something like EndlessInstallerYYYYMMDD_HH_MM_SS.log.
Send us this file so we can analyze and see a possible solution
https://support.endlessm.com/hc/en-us/articles/215807743-What-should-I-do-when-the-Installer-fails-

1 Like

EndlessInstaller20170628_03_28_15.log (13.3 KB)

@smit
https://community.endlessm.com/t/problems-with-dual-boot-help-test-our-new-installer/2508

hey i read all of this instruction . But it seems right i am running windows 10 . And my bios runing in legacy mode and all other is fine . Intel xeon 4th gen processor what is wrong?internet is working at full speed . I think i Just made changes in windows 10 because steam , dota2 game is overheating in this os . So i disable some services in windows but net works fine at all .I daily download movies and other things .
As your post mentained i am agree and mine all working greate with this your satisfaction of requirement. So what is wrong with my system?
See here is my config sometimes when i open steam defender harass me and my desktop temprature is going high so i disabled it . And i enable it after playing game and i did some services off because of that using toomuch my diskusage that causing breakdown my game.Nothingelse i did with this os. so i have to refresh this windows 10 without losing some settings for endless? Replay me bro

@smit
https://d1anzknqnc1kmb.cloudfront.net/endless-installer/endless-installer-beta.exe

I dont understand why beta? And what is beta?I am not familiar with this word.If i install beta on my will it possibility to break my security? Beta bootloader when i googled it ,it says beta version is used to devlopement functions.What to do now ? In beta version , i will get regularly updates?

Stop create something . Your os is useless , I donno support members are aware of this os or not,i strictly i cant install it.Your installer still dont work as you mentioned in second thread link https://d1anzknqnc1kmb.cloudfront.net/endless-installer/endless-installer-beta.exe this is not working installer .As i am not programmer otherwise i will solve this issue in 1 minute , i dont know what this script says in .log file. . I tried to install it in my leptop and it worked. installer shows installing options but this desktop giving pain . And when i select boot from usb drive still showing same unfortunately therewas problem with connecting with server. I am finding solution in youtube and forums but i didnt find any solutionsā€¦ No answer well i dont install it.
Why you make Operating system when you dont have proper setup . I donno.I saw many ppls shouting for wifi not found problem. Even your os doesnt contain primary drivers that is necessary for all leptops .If you create something , you will have answer in just seconds.And how can yo launch os without driver support and downloader setup is not working at all.

1 Like

@LeandroStanger please donā€™t just post the same link over and over.

@smit Iā€™ve written an FAQ entry about some of the causes of this problem but it has not yet been published :frowning: Do you see a dialog like this which asks for an administrator username and password when you start the installer?

If so,

You are logged into Windows as a Standard user. If, when you start the installer, you are asked to enter an administrator username and password, then the installer will not be able to connect to our server. Please log out, and log into Windows as an administrator.

If not, another common cause of this symptom is:

Something is wrong with BITS. From the Start menu, open the Services application, find the Background Intelligent Transfer Service, and try to Start it. If you see an error, check that the dependencies of the service ā€“ which may include COM+ Event System and Remote Procedure Call (RPC), though this may be different on different versions of Windows ā€“ are not disabled.

Your log shows this when trying to connect to BITS:

03:28:16 - DownloadManager.cpp:62 Error creating instance of BackgroundCopyManager. (HRESULT: 0x80070422 The service cannot be started, either because it is disabled or because it has no enabled devices associated with it.)

So I think itā€™s more likely to be the second problem.

Yaā€¦ I do agree with you! Their os used to be great for meā€¦ but now it just seems like itā€™s boringā€¦ You canā€™t run .exe files itā€™s only flatpack appsā€¦ You can even customize or install anything from the internet! The only way you can install stuff is from their so-called-store! Iā€™m sorry but this os can be much more better than this! I Mean why have computers if you can install the os on a windows computer or an usb thumb drive? I canā€™t even do that much with this osā€¦ Only go on google chrome and thats it! Endless can do much more better then this! Smarten up Endless os Staff!!!

thanx bro it really worked. I enabled background intelligent transfer service and it started . thankyou sir. sorry for my rude behaviour really nice support. Hey new issue arrise my wifi is not working . Even dont show wifi button as you mentioned in wifi guide. What to do now?
WIFI ISSUE OPENED >>>>>>> Waiting for answer.

1 Like

Do you know what wifi chipset you have? If not, you can collect some information on it from the terminal, run lshw |grep -i wireless and paste the output here.

macos@endless:~$ lshw |grep -i wireless
WARNING: you should run this program as super-user.
WARNING: output may be incomplete or inaccurate, you should run this program as super-user.
macos@endless:~$ sudo lshw |grep -i wireless
description: Wireless interface

Then i googled it find my wifi driver in linux and i find one command that listed all drivers.

macos@endless:~$ lspci
00:00.0 Host bridge: Intel Corporation Xeon E3-1200 v3/4th Gen Core Processor DRAM Controller (rev 06)
00:01.0 PCI bridge: Intel Corporation Xeon E3-1200 v3/4th Gen Core Processor PCI Express x16 Controller (rev 06)
00:02.0 VGA compatible controller: Intel Corporation 4th Gen Core Processor Integrated Graphics Controller (rev 06)
00:03.0 Audio device: Intel Corporation Xeon E3-1200 v3/4th Gen Core Processor HD Audio Controller (rev 06)
00:14.0 USB controller: Intel Corporation 8 Series/C220 Series Chipset Family USB xHCI (rev 04)
00:16.0 Communication controller: Intel Corporation 8 Series/C220 Series Chipset Family MEI Controller #1 (rev 04)
00:1a.0 USB controller: Intel Corporation 8 Series/C220 Series Chipset Family USB EHCI #2 (rev 04)
00:1b.0 Audio device: Intel Corporation 8 Series/C220 Series Chipset High Definition Audio Controller (rev 04)
00:1c.0 PCI bridge: Intel Corporation 8 Series/C220 Series Chipset Family PCI Express Root Port #4 (rev d4)
00:1c.4 PCI bridge: Intel Corporation 8 Series/C220 Series Chipset Family PCI Express Root Port #5 (rev d4)
00:1d.0 USB controller: Intel Corporation 8 Series/C220 Series Chipset Family USB EHCI #1 (rev 04)
00:1f.0 ISA bridge: Intel Corporation HM86 Express LPC Controller (rev 04)
00:1f.2 SATA controller: Intel Corporation 8 Series/C220 Series Chipset Family 6-port SATA Controller 1 [AHCI mode] (rev 04)
00:1f.3 SMBus: Intel Corporation 8 Series/C220 Series Chipset Family SMBus Controller (rev 04)
01:00.0 VGA compatible controller: NVIDIA Corporation GK107M [GeForce GT 755M] (rev a1)
07:00.0 Ethernet controller: Qualcomm Atheros QCA8171 Gigabit Ethernet (rev 10)
08:00.0 Network controller: Broadcom Corporation BCM43142 802.11b/g/n (rev 01)

08:00.0 Network controller: Broadcom Corporation BCM43142 802.11b/g/n (rev 01)

Unfortunately it looks like you have one of those chipsets that we donā€™t have a driver for"

but devices which require the ā€˜b43ā€™ or the ā€˜wlā€™ driver are not supported.

In response to those making complaints about wifi drivers, you need a new wifi card. It is the fault of the manufacturer for not providing kernel developers with source or binaries(which are wrong to include aswell) in the Linux kernel. These drivers are compromising and are not secure. If the software that made them work was fine, theyā€™d share it, and the argument that their software is valuable is simply not true. Maybe the current drivers for the Nvidia and AMD drivers are valuable code, but not a 5+ year old low quality b43 chipset that hardly even works properly on Windows.

Also in response to smit, this is simply not a realityā€¦

There are no ā€œprimary driversā€ that are necessary for all laptops. Sorry about that.

1 Like

I like free and open source and think it would be pretty darn nice if everything was free and open source, but mostly that is not the case.

From a user perspective, it is much easier to get an OS than it is to get the hardware to run the OS. For most what you have for hardware is just what you have. I have never seen a computer that lists what wireless card is included on the inside. I know very few people that could locate the wireless card after the machine is opened. Many manufacturers whitelist or blacklist cards making it difficult to know what wireless options will even work.

A great many Linux distros do not include Broadcom driver in the distro, but do allow for drivers to be added. Endless OS does not allow for additional drivers to be downloaded and installed. Neverwareā€™s Cloudready is another OS that does not allow for additional drivers. Chrome OS which is also a Linux distro that is very locked down does provide for the addition of some proprietary drivers.

I think if you are trying to introduce a new OS to the world you have expect you will either include the drivers that are needed or loose potential customers if for whatever reason you can not include those drivers.

bill

Iā€™ll give you guys another perspective, coming from a business perspective, since someone mentioned customers. Customers expect security, and as Ubuntu warns when you install the broadcom drivers, the developers of the open source OS cannot review the code, and security updates are dependent on the vendor. This really isnā€™t acceptable and contributes to why Windows is so infamously insecure, the drivers which are included are almost all make it easier for the system to be compromised because each is itā€™s own unkown piece of binary software. Instead of asking a company to compromise the security of itā€™s users by default, which sounds almost illegal, you should simply buy a low profile wifi card which is supported. Many are available, and are very high quality. Then you can have your wifi and you can be a safer computer user. I think that the endless users would prefer security over convienience, and they should. Thereā€™s nothing stopping baddies from hitting insecure GNU/Linux desktop users with malware, and weā€™ve already seen malware that can affect hardware from the browser, without even compromising any software. So again you can just plug a libre USB in and then the developers donā€™t have to do something they will probably regret by including software they have no idea anything about.

The problem is that we canā€™t distribute drivers we donā€™t have a licene to distribute. For free and open source drivers, we have that license. For closed source drivers we donā€™t. When Endless OS ships with hardware from an OEM we can get the license from them. But for people who download the OS for free, we can only distribute free drivers.