Buying and installing codecs

I looked through the FAQs and the forums and did not see a clear answer. I currently have Endless installed on a Dual boot with Windows. I am enjoying the OS and I wanted to try out my usual radio stations in Rythmbox. I am going to purchase the codecs.

Since I really like Endless I was planning to reinstall it as the sole OS on this machine (assuming my radio stations play nicely). My question is if I purchase the codecs now and then do a reinstall will I be able to save the codec installer, or will I have to repurchase the codecs.

Thank you for any answers. Enjoy your evening.

bill

1 Like

Hi, Bill.

Yes, if you purchase codecs, you will receive an email with a link to download the codec license key, and you can reuse that link after reinstalling.

You might also want to try out the VLC application that can be installed from the app center, as it includes codec support that we are not able to ship with the OS.

Roddy

1 Like

@roddy

That is good to know thanks. I know wondering about a three dollar purchase makes me seem cheap, but well I am cheap. However not so cheap that I want to use VLC. VLC is a solid do everything sort application, but I am a fan of smaller specific applications. I have used Totem and Rhythmbox for years. Both of which you install.

Have a nice evening.

@wove Sounds good. Let me know how it works out for you. If you do run into problems playing radio stations in Rhythmbox, please let me know and we can investigate, just in case there is a problem other than codecs.

Roddy