I'm having a problem installing endless

I was so excited when i saw endless come out,but now that excitement turned into dissapointment,i can’t seem to install endless,when i click next in the setup it just tells me oops something happened then it closes! any solutions? thanks in advance!

1 Like

@Bum_Out
https://support.endlessm.com/hc/en-us/articles/210526863-Will-Endless-OS-work-with-my-computer-

EndlessInstaller20170416_18_14_27.log (10.4 KB)
seems i can’t install endless, any help?

1 Like
18:14:44 - EndlessUsbToolDlg.cpp:5322 CEndlessUsbToolDlg::CanInstallToDrive
18:14:44 - File system type 'NTFS'
18:14:44 - EndlessUsbToolDlg.cpp:5551 CEndlessUsbToolDlg::GetPhysicalFromDriveLetter
18:14:44 - Opened drive \\.\PHYSICALDRIVE0 for write access
18:14:44 - Could not get exclusive access to device \\.\PHYSICALDRIVE0: [0x00000005] Access is denied.
18:14:44 - EndlessUsbToolDlg.cpp:5565 Error on acquiring disk handle. (GLE=[5])
18:14:44 - EndlessUsbToolDlg.cpp:5362 can't check MBR; installation would fail so giving up now (GLE=[5])

@Bum_Out Are you running any anti-virus software (except Windows Defender), or any of the software listed here? https://github.com/pbatard/rufus/wiki/FAQ#Software

If so, try disabling it before running the installer. I am working on a new method for installing Endless OS that should avoid this problem, but it will not be ready for a few months.

1 Like

Thank you for the quick response,i don’t have any of the anti-viruses you listed me,i have admin privilages,my computer can run it, and i can’t find another way to install it ,maybe it’s a bit risky to dual boot,but i’l try and see if it works

1 Like

I don’t understand – have you found a workaround? The installer always needs admin privileges; it requests them as soon as it starts. You should see a UAC prompt each time you start it.

1 Like

well i disabled UAC because it annoyed me , and i am the single user of the computer so i am an admin,ran it as ann administrator still didn’t work,maybe bios settings?

I don’t think the BIOS can affect this. Can you double-check what else you have running?

As I said, I hope that in a few months a new mechanism for installing Endless OS on BIOS systems that doesn’t touch your MBR will be available, but I don’t have a good workaround to suggest for now.

1 Like

Hello. I tried to set up endless on my pc from a windows 10 64 bit desktop. After several attempts to run the installer I always ended up with the same error code: "Oops, something went wrong. I extended my system partition so i have enough space on it, and i also tried to install from USB drive. No success. Here is a link with the error log. https://paste.fedoraproject.org/paste/9qRThqnwS98EduazBbwUGF5M1UNdIGYhyRLivL9gydE= Thanks in advance for helping

1 Like

well,i tried it in a virtual machine WITH an antivirus and the normal stuff and it works but…no use for me in a virtual machine really,try to observe the enviorments from a normal desktop to a virtual one?

1 Like

also nothing was blocking the setup,and i found no bios settings :frowning:

1 Like